Friday, May 28, 2010

Character Diary: Wild Card

-Diary Entry. May 22-
I can't believe how quickly a life can fall apart... yesterday was much the same as anyday had been for the past five years, nothing was wrong... but then I saw her... she had been so pale, vomiting weakly, and too tired to even note my presence... Without warning, my sister was dying. I wanted, needed, to do something, a thousand reckless, half formed ideas followed me as I walked towards the only meta human in the city, a man, given by fate an ability that could solve this, that could somehow save my sister.
I could not convince him... I couldn't make him understand.
The police may be after me now... but I can't bring myself to care.
I have to admit I don't have the power to deal with this, to save my sister. Even in my desperation I could not bring myself to rob someone, knowing that I may put some innocent man into a position as seemingly hopeless as the one I now face.
I must put my faith elsewhere... Whether it's karma, a miracle, or blind luck no longer matters, I just need a result. All I can do now is seek to deserve it. I can no longer afford to ignore the pain and injustices around me as I seek to solve only my own problems. I need help, for the first time I must realize I cannot do everything alone, and I might just be the help others need in return...
Five years ago this town was dealt a bad hand, today I will change that. Today Hero Heights has been dealt a Wild Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment