Friday, May 21, 2010

Character Diary: Wild Card

-May 16th-
She's late coming home again... I wish I knew what she was doing, but I don't want to press her, she'll tell me when she's ready. I know it's partly my fault, I'm all that she has and nothing to be proud of. This town is consuming those in it, taking away their options and their hopes until they're only a shadow of who they were, just like the city itself. I don't know what to do, it seems almost impossible to help, people are scared, lying down in defeat or lashing out at anything that comes near. Today a simple robbery turned into a public gunfight, I thought to be a beacon of light in the city, but ended up being the match near the powder keg. The worse part, a simple passer-by got involved and, without hesitation, would have ended another man's life. Only by shear Luck (Thank you, lady) did that man survive. What has stolen all hope from these men and driven them so readily against each other? What can be done to inspire hope once again in the hearts of my neighbors..? What can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment